My Story

Friday, April 8, 2016

Sweet Potato Teething Biscuits

If you are looking for a way to use up baby cereal, or have a voracious eater on your hands and need more finger food for him, try these sweet potato teething biscuits. They're so yummy I would eat them myself! With some peanut butter spread on top? Sounds delicious.

Your child should be sitting independently and be comfortable with gnashing and chewing food before receiving these biscuits. I would recommend 9-12 months. Even so, keep a close watch - I can't guarantee pieces won't break off and pose a choking hazard!

Sweet Potato Teething Biscuits
1c Baby cereal (any variety. I used oatmeal with sweet potato flavoring)
1c whole wheat flour
1t baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
1c vegetable or fruit puree. I used a whole sweet potato and topped it off to make a full cup with some prune puree.
4-8 tbsp water, milk, or juice

Preheat oven to 425*

1. Mix first 4 ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
2. Add coconut oil and mix it with a fork until in pea size pieces.
3. Add vegetable puree and mix again until there are no large pieces of vegetable or pockets of flour.
4. Begin with 4 tablespoons of liquid and add until pulls together into a sticky dough.
5. Roll dough out and cut into shapes.
6. Bake for approx. 15min, or until lightly browned but not too crispy.

Enjoy!

------------------------
disclaimer: This recipe is my own, but I used the following two sources as references:
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/teethingbiscuits.htm
http://boysahoy.com/homemade-teething-biscuits-3/

No comments:

Post a Comment