My Story

Friday, April 1, 2016

Names of God - My Refuge

I am learning to take the Bible at face value and really believe it to be true in a literal sense. I plan to start a new series of prayers focusing on the Names of God and what they mean in practical sense while praising God for his attributes.
--------

Refuge
You are my refuge, Lord. That means when I'm tired of fighting this battle and need a break, you are there. No, really! You are a practical refuge. When I am tired, You will give me rest. This is not just figurative, but very real and true. As my body needs physical sleep so my soul needs your rest. If Scripture says "You are my refuge," then when I am overwhelmed and need rest, I can turn to You and I will have a reprieve. My situation may not change, but my heart will be renewed and refreshed. Help me today to believe your words: You are my refuge and trust that I will find rest in your Word. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment