My Story

Monday, April 4, 2016

Names of God - Dwelling Place

You, Lord, are my dwelling place. My spirit needs a place to dwell. Just as I physically need a place to rest, recuperate, and call home, so does my soul. So where is home for my soul? Is it among the flashy, neon lights of my desires? If home for my soul is on the Vegas strip of my desire, I will end up bankrupt and discouraged. Forgive me, oh Lord, for allowing the brazen, shallow desires of my idol-generating heart to drag me away from my security in You.

No, You are my dwelling place. I can settle in and call you home. Sink my roots deep because I intend to stay a while and make my forever home in the rich, rewarding, quiet power of Your presence. I want to raise my children in Your presence. I want to know satisfaction in Your presence. I want the most comfortable place my soul knows to be home in You. Your Spirit resides in me, help me to abide in You. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment