My Story

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Who is God?

How can you conjure up an image of God? There is no way our finite minds can comprehend the vastness and majesty of the God we worship. Go ahead, try.

Think big... God is bigger.
Think great... God is greater.
Think of the tiniest intricacy... God knows these intimate details.
Think of the greatest power on earth... God is more powerful.
Think of the most loving act or person... God loves more

God cares more.

He knows more.

He is more than we can fathom.

He is God.


....and you know what? That brings me comfort. If you or I could understand God, or if anyone on Earth could describe him and label him, that would make him a small god. Serving a small god would bring me to despair. It is only because my God is bigger and greater and loves more and knows more and cares for me more than I know that I have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment