My Story

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fear of Man is Ruining My Life

Ways the Fear of Man is Ruining My Life:
Or, a tongue in cheek evaluation of where the Fear of Man affects my life. 


1) I eat too much of the wrong foods when I'm out. What will my friends think if I refuse to eat at their party? I don't want people to think I'm a snob, after all.

2) Getting dressed is a pain. I have to impress all the other mommies with babies in my life who would totally understand why I want to simplify my wardrobe, or why I have snot stains on my shirt from my 10 month old wiping his nose on me.

3) My feelings are hurt easily when I am not everyone's #1 friend. You mean someone can like and hang out with other people and it doesn't mean they hate me?!

4) As a mom of littles, I am crazy to not accept help when it's offered. Yet, thanks to the good ol' fear of man in my heart, I refuse help so that I look like super woman doing everything myself... and end up frazzled and burnt out in the end.

5) Most importantly, the Fear of Man keeps me from turning to Jesus faster and continually feasting on God's Word. Love God, love others. There is no room for "love myself and fear the opinion of others." I am feeding my the crumbs off other people's plates while sitting at the feasting table of God's love. God wants and has so much more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment